A blog dedicated to any and all things feminine.

~Because women were created to be feminine. ~


I hope you enjoy your stay!

Have a look around and let me know what you think!

Friday, April 1, 2011

How it all began....

Dear readers,

 I have always enjoyed sewing, ever since I was young in fact. When I was young I used to enjoy printing pictures out of the book 'Sewing  Machine Fun' and then with my mother's sewing machine trace over the lines. It was great fun! As I got older I began to help my mom to sew my own dresses. 

 As time went on it became something that I did because I LOVED the dresses from the Jane Austen movies. I  used to just sit and drool over the lovely gowns and jackets the privileged women were wearing. I  just had to make some to wear myself.

 As I continue to grow older I have not lost my interest in sewing, in fact I am currently preparing to start an online sewing business.

 Here are some things that I am going to be selling:

~ Comfortable homemade Regency gowns or other dresses.
~ Aprons for everyday use.
~ Other crafts such as beading, etc.

All my wares are homemade and will be made with care and finished nicely to the best of my abilities.

Stay tuned for pictures and more details.


Hannah Blow


The Elegant Lady's Closet.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Hannah, I just found you lovely blogs! I am delighted to know that someone else shares my deep delight and love for the Jane Austen era clothes! And I am doubly delighted to find that you can sew them! I have been drooling over the dresses I have seen you wearing! WOW! I am so extremely jealous! Who knew you and I shared this extraordinary common interest! We really should get together and sew some dresses! I am not on FB this summer but here is my e-mail: prayingalwaysruth@gmail.com!
    Hope to hear from you soon precious sister in Christ,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete